Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Road-Trip Tunes! (A Girl Camper's Playlist)


Picture it: You're hooked up, fueled up, and ready to hit the open road for some Girl Camping.

Now, you need some road-trip tunes!

A great road-trip tune cranks up you up. It opens with a riff you recognize. It makes your head bob to the beat. And makes the trip itself fly by!

Here's a playlist guaranteed to do all the above--and we've even added Youtube links for your instant enjoyment.


* On the Road Again, Willie Nelson.

* Real Real Gone, Van Morrison.

* Born to Be Wild, Steppenwolf.

* Rocking Down the Highway, Doobie Brothers.

* Freeway of Love, Aretha Franklin.

* I've Been Everywhere, Johnny Cash.

* Bad to the Bone, George Thorogood.

* Little Red Corvette, Prince.

* I Drove All Night, Roy Orbison.

* The Road to Hell, Chris Rea.

* Running on Empty, Jackson Browne.


Naturally, we'll gladly add your own contributions to the Girl Camping Road-Trip Playlist. What've you got for us? Let's rock it!

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh...what a great list!!! I could go on and on....but I guess I will just wait until my trailer is hitched up...soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun listening, Karen, and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last year's Blue Ridge Rally here in NC, I made CDs for all the participants and put it in their Welcome Bags. Here was my playlist...

    Carolina In My Mind - James Taylor
    Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes - Jimmy Buffett
    Life Is a Highway - Rascal Flatts
    On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
    Call Me The Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Travelin' Man - Ricky Nelson
    Running On Empty - Jackson Browne
    So Far Away - Carole King
    Take It Easy (Live) - The Eagles
    Going up the Country - Canned Heat
    King of the Road - Roger Miller
    Ramblin' Man - The Allman Brothers Band
    Truckin' - Grateful Dead
    Ventura Highway - America
    Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
    Highway Star - Deep Purple
    The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles
    Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
    Travelin' Prayer - Billy Joel
    Happy Trails - Roy Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids and I have a pretty good alt country one started, and also an alt rock one too when we get tired of the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, don't laugh,,, I always put in a Dean Martin CD to get me started.... I'm just quirky that way..... :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete