Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Vintage Trailer Fever As Pinned to Pinterest

How many of you have become aware of and are using Pinterest?



For the uninitiated, Pinterest is a highly visual social medium that's taking the world of creative-minded people by storm. It's a way to peek at the 'creative-inspiration boards' that you might get to see for real in a design studio, except this is the online version of what's inside other people's heads. The format allows a user to click on any blog photo, and 'pin' it to a personalized Pinterest bulletin board of favorites.




Subjects are searchable for the photos they'll yield--Camping, Vintage Trailers, Glamping, Trailer Camping, you name it and you will see it. Users can follow one another and repin images they like onto their own fave-topic boards.



Users also can follow links back to the blogs of image origin. It appears that is is how quite a number of people found their way here to the Girl Camping blog--by virtue of seeing some of its photos on Pinterest.




OK, now back to those of you who already use Pinterest.

* What are some favorite People, Boards, or Interests that you follow? (Help give a Newgal something to get started with.)

* My hunch is that a person could become addicted to Pinterest in relatively short order, once she got the hang of it. Fair assessment?

5 comments:

  1. Abducted....Is more like it! I do love it. I describe it as my online filing cabinet. I am very visual... I remember what I see. It is so nice to have access to the directions or original sources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online filing cabinet is a good way to put it. Just getting the hang of using it, any tips welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. My name is Amy and I am addicted to Pinterest. (All together now....HI AMY!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy & Girl Camping! My name is Debbie and I'm a Pinterest addict too. I have 56 boards. These two are vintage trailer related: http://pinterest.com/debbiedoughty/ideas-for-loke-lani/ and http://pinterest.com/debbiedoughty/one-for-the-road/. One of the vintage trailer related boards I follow is Stacy Devens @http://pinterest.com/coldbeer666/trailer-trash/.
    Did you know you can add a "follow me on pinterst" button to your blog? I can't find you on pinterest :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Debbie,
    We're on Pinterest as Girl CampingUSA. Haven't figured out how to put anything on it yet, though. (Need a tutorial!)

    ReplyDelete